Search this guide
Browse this guide
- Open the SNOMED CT Browser landing page (accept the SCT Browser License Agreement)
- Browse SNOMED CT International Edition concepts
- Browse SNOMED CT Spanish Edition concepts
- Browse SNOMED CT local extension concepts
- Find the SCTID for a known concept term
- Find the FSN or PT for a known concept SCTID
- View detailed information for a SNOMED CT concept
- View the expression for a SNOMED CT concept
- View the model diagram for a SNOMED CT concept
- View the reference sets for a SNOMED CT concept
- View the members of a SNOMED CT concept (reference set)
- View the history of a SNOMED CT concept
- Compare the details of two SNOMED CT concepts
- Compare the hierarchy location of two SNOMED CT concepts
- Compare historical versions of a SNOMED CT concept
- Make suggestions or raise an issue
- Use the MRCM to...
- The Expression Constraint Language (ECL)
- The Machine Readable Concept Model (MRCM)
- Exploring SNOMED CT Content - presentation videos
Latest guide page updates
About this guide...
This is a guide to using the SNOMED CT Browser.
The Public SNOMED CT Browser is in use here:
Who can use the SNOMED CT Browser?
Anyone with a Chrome web browser, so long as it is for reference and educational purposes.
Why should I use it?
- To learn more about SNOMED CT.
- To query SNOMED CT content.
What can I do with it?
- Browse SNOMED CT International and local editions.
- Search for concepts matching text terms.
- Search for concepts matching a known SCTID.
- Investigate and query concepts and their relationships.
When can I use it?
- Any time, subject to occasional maintenance - the service is an online web-based application running continuously between occasional scheduled or emergency maintenance.
- Scheduled maintenance may include new features, improvements, defect fixes and hosting environment updates.
- Emergency maintenance may include operating system patches and security updates as well as high priority defect fixes.
Where should I use it?
- Anywhere you can use a web browser with a preferred screen size of 1600 x 900 pixels or greater. Lower resolutions may be usable, but not optimised for the application components screen layout. The application is designed for use and tested in the Chrome web browser.
How can I use it?
- The SNOMED CT Browser is a web services application designed to be used on a personal computer with a good internet connection via the Google Chrome web browser.
- Recommended client platform requirements:
- Operating System and hardware specifications as for Chrome
- Minimum monitor resolutions:
- 1600 x 900 px (HD+ 16:9)
- 1680 x 1050 px (WSXGA+ 16:10)
- 1600 x 1200 px (UXGA 4:3)
- Internet connection:
- Broadband (4G minimum)
- Other combinations of web browsers, machine hardware, lower screen resolutions and slower internet connectivity may still work but are not optimised and not supported.