A link between a terminology component and an information model artifact, such as class or attribute in a electronic health record or message.
- Terminology components include SNOMED CT expressions, reference sets and constraints.
- Information model artifacts include classes and attributes in reference models for electronic health records and communication specifications.
- Terminology binding can also be used to refer to the process of creating and persisting links between terminology components and information model artifacts.
- A set of coded values that may be applied to a particular attribute in an information model. The set may be expressed either explicitly (extensionally) or as a definitional constraint (intensionally).
- The association between a named attribute value in the information model and a specific coded value or expression.
- A rule that determines the way that a coded expression is constructed based on multiple attribute values in the information model.