A link between a terminology component and an information model artifact.
- Terminology components include , , and constraints.
- Information model artifacts include classes and attributes in reference models for and communication specifications.
- Terminology bindings enables formal specification of rules for:
- consistent use of in an information model; and
- transforming data to a shared .
- Terminology binding can also refer to the process of creating and maintaining links between terminology components and information model artifacts.
- A set of coded values that may be applied to a particular attribute in an information model. The set may be expressed (by enumeration of the codes) or (by rules such as ).
- The association between a named attribute value in the information model and a specific coded value or .
- A rule that determines the way that a coded is constructed, based on multiple attribute values in the information model.