A link between a terminology component and an information model artifact.
- Terminology components include SNOMED CT concepts, expressions, reference sets, and constraints.
- Information model artifacts include classes and attributes in reference models for electronic health records and communication specifications.
- Terminology bindings enables formal specification of rules for:
- terminology binding
- Terminology binding can also refer to the process of creating and maintaining links between terminology components and information model artifacts.
- A set of coded values that may be applied to a particular attribute in an information model. The set may be expressed extensionally (by enumeration of the codes) or intensionally (by rules such as expression constraints).
- The association between a named attribute value in the information model and a specific coded value or expression.
- A rule that determines the way that a coded expression is constructed, based on multiple attribute values in the information model.