The process of locating a concept by traversing links represented by relationships or reference set members.
- Navigation can supplement term based searching by providing logical or intuitive routes through SNOMED CT.
- Viewing and/or selecting concepts that:
- are more specific (or more general) by following subtype relationships.
- share a common defining characteristic by traversing attribute relationships.
- are practically related to a common use case by following links specified by an association reference set
- are presented in a rational order represented by an ordered association reference set.
- Navigation hierarchy
- Release File Specifications
- Terminology Services Guide
- Reference Sets Practical Guide