SNOMED CT terminology provides a common language that enables a consistent way of indexing, storing, retrieving, and aggregating clinical data across specialties and sites of care.
The International Health Terminology Standards Development organisation (IHTSDO®) maintains the SNOMED CT technical design, the content architecture, the SNOMED CT content (includes the concepts table, the descriptions table, the relationships table, a history table, and ICD mappings), and related technical documentation.
This document provides a summarized description of the content changes included in the November 2016 release of the SNOMED Clinical Terms® Managed Service Sweden Extension package.
It will also includes technical notes detailing the known issues which have been identified (should any of these exist). These are content or technical issues where the root cause is understood, and the fix has been discussed and agreed, but has yet to be implemented.
This Sweden Extension package is dependent upon, and should therefore be consumed in conjunction with the SNOMED CT® July 2016 International Edition release.
This document is written for the purpose described above and is not intended to provide details of the technical specifications for SNOMED CT or encompass every change made during the release.
3 Content Development Activity
This editing cycle was spent on migrating to a new authoring tool and therefor a thorough quality improvement has been done. Content from the SNOMED CT® July 2016 International Edition release has been translated and additional concepts for use in Sweden has been added.
3.2 New and Updated Content
New concepts: 104
Inactivated concepts: 4
Changes to existing concepts:
Stated definitions: 7
Inferred definitions: 10
Descriptions change: 7
New concepts from SNOMED CT® July 2016 International Edition release translated: 2482
4 Technical notes
4.1 Known Issues
Known Issues are content or technical issues where the root cause is understood, and the resolution has been discussed and agreed but has yet to be implemented. This can be due to a number of reasons, from lack of capacity within the current editing cycle, to the risk of impact to the stability of SNOMED CT if the fix were to be deployed at that stage in the Product lifecycle.
For the SNOMED CT Managed Service - Sweden Extension November 2016, the following Known Issues were identified, and agreed to be resolved in the next editing cycle:
4.2 Technical notes
The moduleDependency and refsetDescriptor files were found to be slightly inaccurate in previous packages, and so in this release we have removed the old records and reset the files, as follows:
- Additional records added to the moduleDependency files in order to call out the dependency of the Swedish module (45991000052106) on the Model Component module (900000000000012004) as well as the Core module (900000000000207008). The additional records have been assigned the original effectiveTimes (as if these records had always existed) in order to ensure that the historical audit trail is corrected, so that anyone wishing to use the file for previous releases is able to do so accurately.
- UUID's in the moduleDependency files corrected to use the original UUID consistently throughout the history (as opposed to having a new UUID for each release) - as this file describes a new state of the same component for each release, and not an actual new component.
- The moduleDependency snapshot files have been updated to only contain the latest version of each record, as per the RF2 standard.
- All records in the refsetDescriptor files that were describing refsets in the International edition (for example the EN-GB and EN-US language refsets) removed as these records already exist in the dependent International edition packages.
- Please note that the Delta files have been computed as if the previous packages were correct, and so please use the Snapshot moduleDependency and refsetDescriptor files for loading.
Download .pdf here:
Draft Amendment History
|Andrew Atkinson||Initial draft created|
|Omid Mavadati||Updated release notes|