The SNOMED CT Release File Specification formally defines the formats in which SNOMED CT is provided to licensees (Affiliates). For information about SNOMED CT licensing and availability of release files please refer to the Member Licensing and Distribution Service(MLDS) (http://snomed.org/licensing).
Latest web browsable version: http://snomed.org/rfs
SNOMED CT Document Library: http://snomed.org/doc
This is the date when this PDF file was generated from the online version of this document.
© Copyright 2017 International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation, all rights reserved.
Any modification of this document (including without limitation the removal or modification of this notice) is prohibited without the express written permission of SNOMED International. This document may be subject to updates. Always use the latest version of this document published by SNOMED International. This can be viewed online and downloaded by following the links on the front page or cover of this document.
SNOMED®, SNOMED CT® and IHTSDO® are registered trademarks of International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation. SNOMED CT® licensing information is available at http://snomed.org/licensing. For more information about SNOMED International and SNOMED International Membership, please refer to http://www.snomed.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search this Document
- 1.1. Concepts
- 1.2. Descriptions
- 1.3. Relationships and Concept Definitions
- 1.4. Nature of Concept Definitions
- 2.1. SNOMED CT - File Naming Conventions
- 2.2. File Layout and Content
- 2.3. Field Data Types
- 2.4. Metadata and Enumerated Values
- 2.5. Identification of Source Module
- 2.6. Meaning of the Active Field
- 2.7. History Mechanism
- 2.8. Release Types
- 2.9. Important Notices
- 3.1. Associations Between Files
- 3.2. File Format Specifications
- 3.3. Extensibility Mechanism
- 3.4. Metadata Hierarchy
- 5.1. SCTID Data Type
- 5.2. SCTID Representation
- 5.3. SCTID Constraints
- 5.4. Check-digit
- 5.5. Partition Identifier
- 5.6. Namespace-Identifier
- 5.7. Item-Identifier Digits
- 5.8. Example SNOMED CT identifiers
- 5.9. The Namespace Hierarchy