A release type in which the release files contain only rows that represent component versions and reference set member versions created since the previous release date.
- Each row in a delta release file represents either a new component or reference set member, or a change to an existing component or reference set member since the previous release date.
- A delta release identifies differences between two versions of the same release package.
- A delta release added to the previous full release is identical to the full release of the new version.
- The previous release date, on which a delta release is based, is usually the date of the most recent previous release. However, that may not always be the case. For example, where interim releases are made between two major releases there may be a combined delta release covering a period since a previous major release.
- Release File Specification