SNOMED CT Consultant Terminologist certification recognizes that an individual is qualified and capable of undertaking advanced SNOMED CT content development tasks, including analyzing content development issues and developing potential solutions. To achieve this certification, individuals have successfully completed the SNOMED CT Consultant Terminologist Program. This program was closed in 2018. This certification is no longer available to new students.
Recertification is required every three years to maintain this credential. To recertify as a SNOMED CT Consultant Terminologists from 2019, individuals must achieve both:
- SNOMED CT Authoring Certification to the highest level currently available (i.e. In 2022, this is SNOMED CT Authoring Level 2)
- A minimum of 60 hours of active participation (over 3 years) in complex SNOMED CT content development work and analysis.
- Two or more different types of activities should be undertaken. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the suitability of an activity.
- Examples of suitable activities include:
- Chairing or active involvement in a SNOMED International Project Group or Advisory Group
- Presenting a paper or poster on a SNOMED CT content-related topic at a conference (including preparation time)
- Participation as a document reviewer in a content document review process
- Authoring or reviewing a journal article that discusses SNOMED CT content
- Content authoring in the international release
To have your recertification validated, please submit your completed CTP Recertification Diary (including SNOMED CT Authoring Certification ID) to email@example.com by no later than 31st December in the year you need to re-certify.
CT Certification Register
The table below lists individuals who are currently certified as Consultant Terminologists and who have consented for their details to be shown.
|AMOS, Paul||-||United Kingdom||2015||2019||2022|
|BRAITHWAITE, Maria||-||United Kingdom||2016||2019||2022|
|CASE, Jimfirstname.lastname@example.org||United States||2012||2019||2022|
|GAO, Yongshengemail@example.com||United Kingdom||2015||2019||2022|
|GOLDBERG, Brucefirstname.lastname@example.org||United States||2012||2019||2022|
MOHD SULAIMAN, Ismat
|WOOLER, Elaineemail@example.com||United Kingdom||2019||2019||2022|
To request for your details to be added or removed from this register, please complete the Certification Register Consent Form.
Note: You must be logged into Confluence to access this form. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.