Linda Bird, David Markwell and Charles Gutteridge (SNOMED International)
Vendors, clinicians, project managers and developers
SNOMED CT enables effective data analytics and clinical decision support (CDS) using its concept-based design, hierarchical structure and formal concept definitions.
This tutorial explains a range of techniques that can be used to perform data analytics and CDS using SNOMED CT encoded data. A Health Data Analytics demonstrator will then be presented, which applies these techniques to clinical scenarios.
After attending this tutorial, the participant should be able to:
- Describe some approaches for preparing clinical data for analytics
- Describe a range of techniques for performing data analytics using SNOMED CT
- Explain the logical design of a CDS system, and how SNOMED CT can be used in each component
- Discuss a range of implementation considerations when using SNOMED CT in a CDS solution
- Describe some clinical scenarios in which SNOMED CT can support effective analytics
- Data Analytics with SNOMED CT - http://snomed.org/analytics
- Decision Support with SNOMED CT - http://snomed.org/cds
- SNOMED CT Expression Constraint Language - http://snomed.org/ecl