The admin tools for this system are largely built around maven plugins and projects. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- Admin tools can be run in a platform-independent way
- Admin tools can be easily configured to run within Eclipse as run configurations
- Admin tools can be easily wired to CI server environments (or something like MaestroDev).
For most admin tools to run a database has to exist and be loaded and the indexes directory for Lucene has to be set up and have permissions.
IMPORTANT: When running admin tools via mojos, make sure you stop the server first - otherwise processes will compete over the indexes resulting in corruption and a need to reindex all objects (See the Lucene Reindex tool for how to do that).
The following admin tools are available:
- Maintenance Page
- Create/update DB
- Lucene Reindex
- Terminology Loader and Remover
- Terminology Tree Position Management
- Map Project Import and Export
- Map Record Loader and Remover
- Map Note Loader and Remover
- QA Tools
- Workflow Tools
- Index Viewer Tools
- Reporting Tools
- Release Processing Tool
- Maintenance Tools
Note: all "loaders" load data as the "loader" user by default.