In this chapter, we present a variety of examples to illustrate how the template syntax defined in 5. Syntax Specification can be used to represent expression templates. A SNOMED CT expression template is a SNOMED CT expression, which contains one or more template slots. As defined in 5. Syntax Specification, all template slots are represented using a pair of double square brackets - i.e. [[ ]].
There are two main types of template slots:
- Replacement Slots, which are replaced by a concept, expression or string during template processing, and
- Information Slots, which are purely there to provide metadata about how the template is to be processed.
The following pages present a range of examples of how these two types of slots are used within expression templates:
- 8.1. Simple Replacement Slots
- 8.2. Typed Replacement Slots
- 8.3. Constrained Replacement Slots
- 8.4. Named Replacement Slots
- 8.5. Information Slots
- 8.6. Advanced Expression Templates