Principles for modifying reference sets include:
- Reference sets can be modified by
- Don't modify immutable attributes of a reference set.
- In the case where the modification of an immutable attribute is required, this should be done by inactivating the reference set member and creating a new reference set member with the required, updated values.
- If circumstances require you to modify reference set members that belong to another module than the producers extension, following options exist:
- Create a new version of the specific reference set member in your own module, and make the necessary modifications
The table below provides a summary of the process to follow when modifying an existing member in a Reference Set.
Table 188.8.131.52-1: Modify reference set member
The metadata concept representing the reference set is retained
A new reference set row is created and the id is retained from the previous version of the refset member.
Versioning and module identification attributes are set accordingly:
- effectiveTime is set to the date the extension will be published
- active is set to reflect the status of the reference set member, i.e. '1' for active and '0 'for inactive
- moduleId is set to identify a module managed by the extension producer
Attributes common for all reference set types are set accordingly:
- refsetId is retained as the value from the previous version of this refset member. A member cannot move from one reference set to another
- referencedComponentId id retained as the value from the previous version of this refset member. A member cannot change the component which it refers to.
- In this case, the existing member record should be inactivated, and a new one created.
Attributes specific to the reference set type are set accordingly: