A test to determine whether a specified SNOMED CT component is a member of a specified reference set.
- A component is a member of a reference set if at least one active row in that reference set has a referenceComponentId that matches the identifier of that component. Otherwise, a component is not a member of that reference set.
- Reference set membership tests may be used to filter searches or as part of a expression constraint or query.
- In an expression constraint a reference set membership test is represented by the symbol ^ followed by a concept id identifying the reference set.
- Reference Sets Practical Guide
- Expression Constraint Language