- Components and reference set members that are part of the same module share the same moduleId value.
- All modules, except the
900000000000012004 |SNOMED CT model component module|, have dependencies on other modules specified by the Module Dependency Reference Set.
- The organization:
- creating a moduleId is responsible for managing and maintaining its components.
- creating a SNOMED CT Extension, structures the components and reference set members into one or more modules in a way that best fits its business needs.
- responsible for a module, can move a component or reference set member to one of its other modules by creating a revised version of the component or reference set member with a different moduleId (It is then part of the new module from the effectiveTime of the revised version).
- It is possible for components and reference set members to be moved between modules maintained by different organizations. However, such moves must only be made in accordance with rules specified by SNOMED International.