A set of SNOMED CT components
and reference set members
that belong to an focus module
identified by a National Release Center (NRC)
, and all modules on which that module depends.
- The focus module identified by the NRC should be part of the National Release for which that NRC is responsible. Other modules within the National Release are included in the National Edition if they are specified as dependencies of the focus module.
- A NRC may define multiple National Editions by identifying different focus modules for each edition.
- A National Edition may be made available to licensees as part of a National Release. Alternatively a National Edition may be derived by combining the contents of the identified focus module from the National Release with the contents of the relevant version of all modules in the International Edition and any other extension modules on which it depends.
- United States Edition
- Canadian Edition
- United Kingdom Clinical Edition (does not include UK drug extension modules)
- United Kingdom Edition (includes UK drug extension modules)