A next generation standards framework created by HL7. FHIR combines the best features of HL7's v2, HL7 v3 and CDA product lines while leveraging the latest web standards and applying a tight focus on implementability.
- The FHIR standard that defines a set of resources that represent granular clinical concepts.
- The resources can be managed in isolation, or aggregated into complex documents.
- Technically, FHIR is designed for the web; the resources are based on simple XML or
JSON structures, with an http-based RESTful protocol where each resource has predictable
URL. Where possible, open internet standards are used for data representation.
- Full name - Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources
- Abbreviation - FHIR, which is pronounced "Fire".
- FHIR Standard - Specification, Resources and Documentation http://hl7.org/fhir