- Any form of copying, downloading, printing, sharing or distributing a SNOMED International certification exam is not permitted.
- It is forbidden to obtain or attempt to obtain access to the examination prior to the start of the examination.
- No individual, other than the candidate, may be present in the examination room while the exam is in progress.
- The candidate must not communicate with anyone while the exam is in progress.
- No one should communicate with the candidate while the exam is in progress.
- Mobile phones and all other electronic devices (other than the computer being used to take the exam) should be turned off during the exam.
- The candidate must remain in view of the camera at all times throughout the exam, unless they need to leave the room for a toilet break.
- By enrolling in a certification exam, the candidate consents to the following information being collected for the duration of the exam:
- Microphone input
- Webcam input
- The candidate's identity
- Any browser tabs and windows open
- The entire screen display
- Any website visited
- Any other applications runningThe number of display screens connected
- All tasks undertaken in the training authoring platform
- Only one toilet break is permitted per exam, and this must be limited to a reasonable duration.Only one monitor may be used during the exam and this must be the monitor with the webcam.
- Any modifications to these rules to accommodate individual circumstances requires prior written approval by SNOMED International.
- Making false declarations in an attempt to obtain modified assessment provisions or special consideration is a breach of these certification rules.
- Being party to any arrangement whereby a person other than the candidate fraudulently represents, or intends to represent, the candidate in an examination is a breach of these certification rules.
Candidates must inform SNOMED International (via firstname.lastname@example.org) of any technical issues experienced during the exam within 24 hours of sitting the exam for these to be taken into consideration.
The decision on whether to certify a candidate or not is solely at the discretion of SNOMED International.
All certifications will be valid for 3 years. To continue certification after this time, either the certification exam must be retaken and passed or a higher level certification must be achieved.
If a candidate fails a certification exam, they may re-enrol in the certification exam. Full payment is required for re-enrolment.
SNOMED International reserves the right to make changes to these rules without notification. It is the candidate's responsibility to check the current certification rules prior to taking a certification exam.