Current Version - Under Revision
Moving from a legacy coding scheme to SNOMED CT requires attention to be paid to continued accessibility and use of data encoded using the legacy scheme.
The following general approaches may be applied or adapted taking accounts of the capability of the SNOMED CT enabled application and the value and relevance of existing data.
- Mapping or converting the data:
- Linking or integrating existing data:
- The existing data is retained in its native form or in an intermediate form. However, the
- Archive or retain old data in its original form, and where it is necessary to retrieve
historical information, use
- This approach completely separates the new