The key benefits of making this change are:
- Large scale retirement and replacement of
SCTIDs place an increased maintenance burden on implementers with no perceivable benefit.
This change significantly reduces that burden.
- The change maintains the distinction of the namespace and module
Identifiers - the former for the creators of content and the latter for the maintainers.
- The change eases the burdens of content providers in the chain of submissions to National
Extension and the
IHTSDO in detecting their content in public releases. It enables them to set policies on
how to detect and manage content migration.
- Long term contributions will come from existing
Extensions. This change will reduce impact on both the
National Release Centre
Extension managers and the source providers.
- The change removes the disincentive to migrate content to the
International release or to a parent
- It will enable more frequent incremental release of content due to decreased migration