Resources for training.
- Reporting Automations
- Wrapper script installation and use
- Manually generating reports (no script)
- Wiring a cron job
Following is a script for the attached video.
- Login to prod server via command-line interface to show files involved.
Briefly mention the documentation on reporting
- Reports are attached to projects
- Reports can be viewed through the dashboard widget
- Reports can either be generated automatically or on demand
- Mojos: Mention the ReportsGenerateDailyMojo
Wrapper script: Very simple one.
- As with all wrapper scripts, find them in ~/bin
- cd ~/bin/, more dailyReports.csh
- Note the config properties to set (MAPPING_CODE, MAPPING_CONFIG, MAPPING_DATA)
- Note that emails are automatically sent if any problems occur
Manually generating reports:
- Mention mojo again
- Note that reports can be "faked" going back in time, but accuracy cannot be fully guaranteed.
- start date and end date specified to do this
Wiring to cron job:
- crontab: program used to install, remove, or list the current cronjobs
- Demonstrate crontab -l, crontab -e
- Note MAILTO and column headers, direct to online documentation