Ian Spiers, SNOMED International
This short pre-conference tutorial is suitable for those with little or no prior knowledge of SNOMED CT.
The Quick Start tutorial provides attendees who are new to SNOMED CT with an initial overview designed to help them get more out of the Expo. It introduces the key features of SNOMED CT and how these contribute to meaningful representation of health information.
Those attending this session may also find the "Introduction to SNOMED CT" tutorial valuable as it adds more detail on the features that enable SNOMED CT to support more effective capture, communication and analysis of clinical information.
After attending this tutorial, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the benefits of using SNOMED CT to enable meaningful representation of health information
- Recognize key elements of the SNOMED CT logical design
- Apply basic understanding of SNOMED CT to enhance appreciation of the Expo exhibition and presentations
- Find additional SNOMED CT learning opportunities
- SNOMED International Website - http://www.snomed.org
- SNOMED CT Document Library - http://snomed.org/doc
- SNOMED CT E-Learning Platform - http://snomed.org/elearning
- SNOMED CT Browser - http://snomed.org/browser