Anne Højen and Ian Spiers (SNOMED International)
Anyone who is new to SNOMED CT or would like to refresh their knowledge about the basics of SNOMED CT, including clinicians, vendors, developers, project managers, and standards implementers.
This tutorial is suitable for those with no prior knowledge of SNOMED CT and is designed to build on the content of the Quick Start pre-conference tutorial.
SNOMED CT is a key component in effective electronic health record solutions. It enables meaning-based retrieval from clinical information and supports interoperable information exchange.
This tutorial provides a brief introduction to SNOMED CT, its purpose, scope and key features. It also explores the wide range of education opportunities available to learn more.
After attending this tutorial, the participant should be able to:
- Explain the scope and purpose of SNOMED CT
- Describe the logical components of SNOMED CT
- Summarize the benefits of using SNOMED CT
- Find additional SNOMED CT learning opportunities
- IHTSDO Website - http://www.snomed.org
- SNOMED CT Document Library - http://snomed.org/doc
- SNOMED CT E-Learning Platform - http://snomed.org/elearning
- SNOMED CT Browser - http://snomed.org/browser