Linda Bird and Jon Zammit
Vendors, clinicians, project managers and developers.
SNOMED CT enables effective data analytics and clinical decision support (CDS) using its concept-based design, hierarchical structure and formal concept definitions. As the prevalence of SNOMED CT encoded healthcare data increases, so too have the benefits being realized from CDS and data analytics solutions that harness these key features.
After attending this tutorial, the participant should be able to:
- Describe some approaches for preparing clinical data for analytics
- Describe a range of techniques for performing data analytics using SNOMED CT
- Discuss some of the challenges related to data analysis and how SNOMED CT can help to mitigate these
- Explain the logical design of a CDS system, and how SNOMED CT can be used in each component
- Discuss a range of implementation considerations when using SNOMED CT in a CDS solution
- Data Analytics with SNOMED CT - http://snomed.org/analytics
- Decision Support with SNOMED CT - http://snomed.org/cds
- SNOMED CT Expression Constraint Language - http://snomed.org/ecl