The release service is responsible for operations related to releasing refsets and translations as well as accessing release artifacts of previously released refsets and translations.
Internal API - ReleaseServiceJpa (extends ProjectServiceJpa)
Lower level calls of the internal API include:
- Add/update/remove/get a ReleaseInfo object (information about a release)
- Add/update/remove/get a ReleaseArtifact (not including the data).
REST API - ReleaseServiceRest
This is a good example of a service that has a much richer "business logic" layer at the REST level than is used by the internal service API.
The public facing methods of the security service include:
- Begin/validate/resume/cancel/beta/finish Refset release process
- Begin/validate/resume/cancel/beta/finish Translation release process
- Import/export ReleaseArtifact data
- Find Refset releases
- Find Translation releases
- Get current Refset release info
- Get current Translation release info
- Remove a ReleaseArtifact
- Remove a ReleaseInfo object