One or more
may be held in a single
. However, if there are more than one
in a single file, they will all have the same structure (i.e. - the same number of additional fields of the same top level types of
Each record in the
file represents a member of the
. The refsetId column identifies the
that the member record belongs to.
The refsetId is an SCTID that can be used to look up the
in the |
| metadata that describes the
. Up to three
(with three different typeIds
) may be associated with the
- A with a typeId of |FSN|, used to formally describe the . This will always exist.
- A with a typeId of | |, used to name the . This will always exist, and can be used to display the name of the within a system.
- A with a typeId of |Purpose|, used to describe the purpose of the . This may or may not be present.
The refsetId can also be used to look up the
Descriptor, in the |
. This can be done by identifying the member records in the |
with a referencedComponentIdthat matches the refsetId of the
There will be one Descriptor record describing the referencedComponentId field in the
and one additional record for each optional field within the
. The Descriptor record with an attributeOrder
field value of '0' describes the referencedComponentIdfield; a Descriptor record with an attributeOrder
field value of '1' would describe the first optional field; etc.
field being described (i.e. - the referencedComponentId
and each optional field), two fields in the Descriptor record provide additional information:
- The attributeType field is a reference to a under the | type| metadata that provides typing information for the field. At the top level, this could be | type|, | Integer | or | String |, and would then match the typing information available within the file name (see the 2.1. SNOMED CT - File Naming Conventions). However, the type of a field can also be specified at a finer level of granularity using the attributeType field. For instance, instead of the attributeType being specified simply as an | Integer |, it may instead be specified as an |Unsigned integer | or a |Signed integer |. For a full list of types, see the | type| metadata .
- The attributeDescription field is a reference to a under the | attribute | metadata that also provides additional information about each field. Up to three (with three different typeIds) may be associated with each of these :
- A with a typeId of |FSN|, used to formally describe the field. This will always exist.
- A with a typeId of | |, used to name the field. This will always exist, and can be used to display a column header for each field used within a system.
- A with a typeId of |Purpose|, used to describe the purpose of the field. This may or may not be present.
Additionally, if the attributeType is |
type component |, then the
referred to by the attributeDescription
provide a list of allowed
enumeration values for the
field. Each of these
will have two
of |FSN| and of |
|, and the latter set of
can be used to validate field entry for
fields or to create pick-lists to allow users to select one or more values. Where the attributeDescription
does not have any
, then no limitation is placed on the
allowed in the