The SNOMED CT Glossary is used to provide consistent definitions for terms in used in
In addition to terms that have specific meanings in relation to
- The glossary was published in this new format in August 2016, to as part of a planned process of document migration. At the time of publication, the material in the glossary has been carried forward from the previous publication limited changes to fit the new format.
- Over the next few months the glossary will be reviewed and revised as other documents are migrated to the new platform.
- Due to the current migration process some links in the document may not reach the appropriate target documents. If a link does not work correctly, please refer to the SNOMED CT Document Library to locate the relevant document.
Comments and Additions
The new format allows more frequent revisions and additions to keep the glossary up-to-date. It also enables you to provide feedback on existing glossary entries and to request additions to the glossary.
- To submit suggested revisions of existing definitions, please use the feedback link at the bottom of the page containing the existing definition.
- To propose additional terms and definitions that are required to understand other SNOMED CT documents and developments, please use the feedback link at the bottom of this page.