The main objectives of this group are:
- To provide implementers of the SNOMED CT drug extension model with a forum through which they can share their real world experiences, challenges and questions, with other stakeholders and SNOMED International.
- To provide SNOMED International with a forum through which we can better understand how to assist implementers of the SNOMED CT drug extension model.
Please note that "implementing" the SNOMED CT drug extension model may involve any of the following activities:
- Creating a national SNOMED CT drug extension to support clinical systems;
- Mapping an existing national drug model to SNOMED International's drug model to support interoperability and cross-border data sharing;
- Integrating a SNOMED CT drug extension with other drug standards, such as ISO's Identification of Medicinal Products (IDMP) standard;
- Utilising the SNOMED CT drug model to implement clinical decision support (CDS); or
- Developing clinical implementations that use a drug dictionary based on the SNOMED CT drug extension model..
The primary goals of this group are:
- To enable the successful implementation of national SNOMED CT drug extensions, that meet the requirements of both national use and cross-border data sharing.
- To enable the successful interoperability between national SNOMED CT drug extensions and other medicinal product standards required for national or cross-border data sharing.
This group is open to any stakeholder from the SNOMED CT community who is either actively using, planning to use, or interested in using the SNOMED CT drug extension model.
All participants will be encouraged to participate and contribute to the agenda and discussions.
Meetings will typically include the opportunity for one or more participants to explain the plans and objectives of a relevant project that they are directly involved in, and then to start a discussion about any questions or challenges they are facing as part of this project. Similar discussions incorporating lessons learnt from established projects are also anticipated.
For a full schedule of all DEUSG meetings (past and planned) please visit the DEUSG schedule page. Meeting agendas, presentations and recordings can be accessed via the respective DEUSG Meeting pages.
The following documents may be relevant to some or all participants:
- SNOMED CT Model Specifications
- SNOMED CT Editorial Guide (http://snomed.org/eg)
- Other Relevant Standards