The group will provide support and guidance to the clinical terminologist in the following exercises:
1. Review existing descriptions/synonyms to ensure that they represent a true reflection of internationally agreed and understood clinical concepts
2. Review existing Fully Specified Names to ensure that they represent a unique and unambiguous representation of the clinical concept.
3. Be a reference source for the provision of internationally agreed understanding of the pathophysiology, aetiology and management of the various types of diabetes, their complications and clinical management to support the authors in modelling each concept.
4. Identify gaps in existing and make proposals for new content based on evidence of usage
Ways of working
Existing SNOMED CT content will be divided up into small reviewable sections based upon clinical domain e.g. diabetes mellitus disorders (types), diabetic eye disorders, diabetic skin disorders, pregnancy and diabetes etc. The appropriate sub group will then review the section and provide feedback over a 2 week period and discuss issues arising in a video conference meeting.
The clinical terminologist will then model and update the content for review and feedback over the following 2 weeks. It is therefore anticipated that each section will take up to 2 months elapse time with 4 video conference meetings and 2 or 3 periods of review estimated at 4 hours per review. More than one section may be worked on in parallel depending upon the membership of the team supporting each section.
All communication will be by email and video conferences. SNOMED International will provide a number of web pages on its Confluence web site for documenting the project, scheduling meetings, sharing documentation. All video conferences will be recorded and made available for review by the members of the team.
Project times scales:
- It is anticipated that the project will last for approximately 1 year and publish the project output into SNOMED CT over the next 2 releases in January and July 2019.
There will be a regular call on the xxx of each month, starting xxx UTC. Conference call details are the same each call.
We should regroup next on xxx UTC by which time we will have received feedback/reaction
Stay tuned, and please take some time to look and comment on these documents (you can find a separate discussion thread for each document in discussions).