The process of importing an
Extension is similar to importing the main distribution files. However, some additional functionality
is required to ensure appropriate installation, maintenance and use of
Extensions . Applications should:
Extension prior to installation to ensure that:
- It is one of the
Extensions recognized by the user.
- It is supported by or based on the currently installed
International Release version.
- The required versions of other
Extensions on which this
Extension depends have already been installed (or have been selected for installation as part
of the same import process).
- Any dependencies of the
Extension have been met. These dependencies may include:
Note: Dependencies are represented using the
moduleId and the
5.2.12 Module Dependency Reference Set .
- The installation procedure has pre-checked all
components in the
Extension to ensure that:
- All Component
- All fields meet data type, size and value constraints specified for the relevant tables.
components fail any of these tests the entire
Extension must be rejected. Rejecting individual components is liable to lead to inconsistent
data. Accepting data that fails these test may create conflicts between different
Extensions or between the
Extension and the
International release .
- Reject, highlight or apply other agreed business rules to information received by
the system that contains
components from namespaces that are not in the list, or recognized