The import process should check the imported data to confirm that:
- The distribution files imported are all part of the same release.
- The set of files imported is complete and includes all mandatory components.
- In the case of a
delta release , the data previously imported is the version immediately prior to the
delta release being imported.
- In the case of a snapshot or
full release , pre-existing data has been removed:
- Alternatively the import process may be configured to overwrite duplicate rows so
- The end result of a snapshot import does not contain any obsolete rows;
- The end result of a
full release import is identical to the content of the
full release .
- All component
- All fields meet data type, size and value constraints specified for the relevant tables.
Other consistency checks may also be applied to ensure the integrity of the data.