- 7.8.1 X-ray imaging
- 7.8.2 Computed tomography
- 7.8.3 Ultrasonography
- 7.8.4 Magnetic resonance imaging
- 7.8.5 Radionuclide imaging (Nuclear medicine)
- 7.8.6 Positron emission tomography
- 7.8.7 Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)
- 7.8.8 Fluoroscopy imaging
- 7.8.9 Multiple modality imaging
- 7.8.10 Imaging guided procedures
- 7.8.11 Contrast for imaging
- 7.8.12 Imaging adjustments for view, projection or technique
- 7.8.13 Diagnostic Imaging with multiple body sites
Almost all imaging procedures can be unambiguously expressed in a number of ways and there is a balance to be struck between allowing flexibility in language use and efficient terminology maintenance so all variants for all modalities will not routinely be included in SNOMED CT – any over and above those optimal descriptions following must be justified explicitly.
As a minimum, procedures will ordinarily be expressed in terms of the modality and body site (represented as 'X' in the following illustrations ). There are a number of inconsistencies in existing content, but it is not required that these naming conventions necessarily be applied wholesale to that content. It is definitely intended for new content. Changes to existing content to conform to these guidlines will be considered based on value to users.